|Yes, I will continue to make bad pop puns when I write about Popfest. Deal with it.|
So if you’re the type that likes to make videos, likes music, and likes Popfest, boy have we got a contest for you! The Popfest Foundation announced today a special promo video contest. If you’ve got the right stuff, you could see your video being used all over the place and get yourself two wristbands to the festival. Hop on it, details below!
1) be 1 minute, 30 seconds or shorter
2) mention all the headlining bands (Olivia Tremor Control, Man or Astroman?, The Dead Milkmen, Bob Mould and Throwing Muses), must mention the festival dates October 11-15, Must mention the *Poptober craft, record and ‘zine/mini comic fair (see below)
3) display WWW.ATHENSPOPFEST.COM at the end for at least 5 seconds
4) be posted to YouTube or Vimeo only. No email submissions. Only email Gordon@athenspopfest.com with a link to where your video is located.
5) Must grant the Athens PopFest permission to distribute the video as a promotional item.
6) Sorry, no one playing the festival is eligible to participate.
7)DEADLINE: Thursday, September 22, 9:00 AM.
1st: Two Full festival wristbands to this year’s fest!
2nd: One full festival wristband to this year’s fest
3rd: Two tickets to a single night at the 40 Watt (If you’re friendless or dateless we’ll even split these between two nights because we’re such nice people!)
Please note: If you’ve already purchased tickets or passes you can not receive a refund for those if you win. However, we will allow you to assign your prize to someone else. You may choose one person one time. You may only do this once. Absolutely no name changes after you tell us who to give it to. Why? Because that’s just a hassle.
*10:00 AM – 6:00 PM Poptober Fair Craft/Comic/Record Show. PopFest versions of Indie Craftstravaganzaa, FLUKE, and the Secret Record Swap. $5, free with wristband. THE CLASSIC CENTER